Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Book completed......

I have finished assembling my book from the Cas Holmes workshop at Sew Not Strawberry Jam.

One of my (many) favourite things about SNSJ is the outside of the studio.
This was my main inspiration for the book with more than a nod to my native Lake District. This is a bit photo heavy but I am so pleased with the results.
This is the cover
These pages are a combination of pieces made on the day and old ufos.

 Rubber stamps (the first I ever bought in America)
A little rubbing and a piece of grass from the SNSJ garden trapped underneath a piece of painted ga

 This is, possibly , my favourite page.on the right the original sketch we made and on the left it is echoed by the reverse of stitching on a page on the back.  A gelli print and vintage lace complete the page.
This is the reverse side.  I love the boat/jetty/lake that appeared when layering papers.
It was difficult to photograph outside but I like what happens when I stand the "book" up.

Somewhere to explore.



No comments: